Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act (LGOIMA) - Information Requests
The Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act module has been divided into two distinct parts:
- Information Requests
- Council Meetings
This provides users with clear processes for each of these matters under the Act.
This module provides guidance with respect to information requests.
This module takes into account the most recent amendments under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Amendment Act 2015.
Given these changes, and the restructure of the model, users are advised to refresh themselves with updated content and guidance material.
This module has been updated and reviewed with the assistance of senior lawyers from Simpson Grierson, October 2015.
The areas addressed in this module are:
- Receipt of Information Request
- Decision on Information Request by Body Corporate for its own Personal Information
- Decision on Information Request Relating to Council Internal Rules
- Reasons for Decisions
- Decision on General Information Request
- Transfer of Information Request
- Urgency and Extension of Time
- Complaints to the Ombudsman